David Bowie

David Bowie, 21st-Century Entrepreneur . David Bowie, one of rock's most astute conceptualists since the 1960's, has now emerged as one of rock's smartest entrepreneurs. By Jon Pareles.

"I tried to make a checklist of what exactly the album is about and abandonment was in there, isolation," he said. "And I thought, well, nothing's changed much. At 55, I don't really think it's going to change very much. As you get older, the questions come down to about two or three. How long? And what do I do with the time I've got left?
"When it's taken that nakedly, these are my subjects. And it's like, well, how many times can you do this? And I tell myself, actually, over and over again. The problem would be if I was too self-confident and actually came up with resolutions for these questions. But I think they're such huge unanswerable questions that it's just me posing them, again and again." [New York Times: Arts]


:: comment :: . . . have followed Bowie since his student days at mime school with Lindsay Kemp . . . found him to be a thoughtful artist playing pop culture with flair and daring . . . take time to choose any artist and follow their path over the years . . . it is almost always rewarding . . .

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Play

Untamed

A Requiem coming