19 Bergasse

. . . decades ago . . . having resided in Vienna . . . many friends spent a few days visiting during their "european/world travels" . . . few took up the recommendation to visit the Sigmund Frued Museum . . . it was, to my foreign & highly subjective bias, Vienna distilled into its very essence . . . every visit the gaze directed deeper back into a memory of experience . . .
"The day after the conference ended I decided to visit the Freud Museum at 19 Berggasse (Mountain Lane), which for those of you who know Vienna, is off the Ringstrasse in the ninth district, approximately two blocks behind the Sigmund Freud Memorial Park. Although this was my second time in Vienna, this was my first visit to the Freud Museum, coinciding, fortuitously, I should say, with my birthday on December 11. I initially had some difficulty finding the museum, but after asking a shopkeeper I learned that the location of Berggasse was "recht und recht" which turned out to be a mere block away. I knew that I was close to the Museum when I spied a sign on the other side of the street reading, somewhat predictably, "Sigmund Freud Cafe.""(Windows, Mirrors, Doors: The Surveillance Paradox and the Death of Space By Bruce Barber)(via the best lot in town wood s lot)





. . . tonight in the city i have resided in for decades now . . . it breathes cold & the essence of living here is distilled into the silence of the winter air . . . went for a midnight walk . . . there is a rawness at the center of things which sensitizes the heart to the fragility of the pulse known as mortality . . .



. . . Bergasse & 25th St. West reflect the inside & the outside of survival spaces . . . windows completely frosted over, scratched mirrors and the fog of infinity . . . the unexpected universe . . . the dark, solitary wanderings we all take require layers and layers in the quest to keep warm . . . we seek place . . . inhabit the territory . . . just forget even one memory . . . just remember even one . . .

- See: Personal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Play

A Requiem coming

Untamed