"It was then that I remembered being a child: the sheer joy of being raw and the games we played to make ourselves raw again and again. I was uncooked, unprepared, imperfect, exposed and vulnerable. In retrospect, I would describe that as always existing in a state of potential. Instead of feeling scared, I felt free. Instead of feeling pain, I felt alive. I loved being rubbed raw. And despite being told that was more than a little twisted, I continue to seek out things that make me feel raw. And now I want to explore what social rawness is - and how it differs from social friction..."(purse lip square jaw | Anne Galloway | Rubbed raw)

:: note :: . . . describes perfectly the art of the beginner . . . a state i invite my students to enter when playing . . . working on scenes it is the space between the players that becomes raw . . . the more deliberate the friction the greater the activation of potential . . . the joy of being raw is the acting source . . . often in the playing the physicalization and/or emotions disturb . . . whenever asked the actors respond "We're fine!" . . . be fine . . . be raw . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Play

A Requiem coming

Untamed