longing

Short Talk on Hopes

Soon I hope to live in a totally rubber house. Think how quickly I will be able to get from room to room! One good bounce and you're there. I have a friend whose hands were melted off by a fire bomb during the war. Now, once again, he will learn to pass the bread at the dinner table. Leaning is life. I hope to invite him over this evening in fact. Learning is the same colour as life. He says things like that.
(Anne Carson. Short Talks. Short Talk on Hopes. 14)

- See: Artists

Short Talk on Longing

I long to walk the bottom of the river. Think about holding your breath for days. Or gills instead of ears. I have a friend whose teeth fell out because of a rare gum disease. He was Utnapishtim, the keeper of immortality. He taught the art of vodka drinking. I long to stay sober. Wisdom needs youth. Does that mean anarchy is a rule? what else can be expected from holding your breath.
(Raymon Montalbetti. Short Talks. Short Talk on Longing.)

:: note :: ... for Oleg ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Play

A Requiem coming

Untamed